To promote positive and favorable relationships with our patients, families, guarantors and providers through the prompt, accurate, courteous resolution of customer service requests via phone contact..
Performs duties in a manner to support Patient Financial Services vision of
"to be the most effective and efficient, outcomes measured department of Huntsville Hospital in order to continuously and positively impact the organization's overall vision"
The primary job functions of this position should be accomplished working to the achieve the goal of supporting the vision of Huntsville Hospital by ensuring all clinical services provided by the organization are appropriately compensated by third party payors, patients, or charity programs. Overall goal achieved by continuously striving to ensure:
- Regulatory and payor compliance of patient access, charging, billing, and collection standards
- Patient satisfaction of patient access, billing, and follow-up processes
- Positive communications and outcomes with internal customers and support services
- Effective utilization of outsourced and internal resources
- Staff development
- Updated and applied accurate policy and procedures
- Active quality assurance and process improvement
- Accurate application of payor contracts
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- - General application knowledge of EXCEL and WORD.
- - Proven applicable experience working in an environment that utilizes electronic billing, internal report archives, and tools for applicable database management strongly preferred.
- - 1 to year working experience of Hospital or Physician office billing and collection processes including customer service, billing, and follow-up processes strongly preferred.
- - Proven applicable experience of preparing complex correspondence to resolve accounts
- - Effective communication skills verbally and written with internal Hospital departments, Physician Offices, Patient, and Insurance payors strongly preferred.
- - Must be able to effectively manage a large volume of accounts while maintaining a high accuracy and positive outcomes.
- - High school diploma or GED