Performs internal audits of hospital accounts; processes routine insurance audits; audits accounts as requested by patients; performs audits of accounts to separate medical charges from elective cosmetic surgery procedures; manual charge entry/credit for Pharmacy discrepancies; charge correction and billing requirements for Medical Oncology accounts.
Performs duties in a manner to support Patient Financial Services vision of:
"to be the most effective and efficient, outcomes measured department of Huntsville Hospital in order to continuously and positively impact the organization's overall vision"
The primary job functions of this position should be accomplished working to the achieve the goal of supporting the vision of Huntsville Hospital by ensuring all hospital charges provided by the clinical services of the organization are accurate and appropriately documented. Overall goal achieved by continuously striving to ensure:
- o Regulatory and payer compliance of charging and billing.
- o Positive and timely communication with patients and insurance auditors.
- o Effective communication with Dept. Managers within the organization to identify appropriate charges for service provided by department
- o Effective utilization of outsourced and internal resources
- o Staff training and development
- o Updated and applied accurate policy and procedures
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
Education: High school diploma or GED required Alabama nursing license (RN or LPN) preferred Prior clinical experience will be considered in lieu of nursing license
Experience:Minimum of 3 years experience in hospital clinical setting, Patient Accounting, CDM maintenance, coding, compliance or related field. Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel Able to work in fast paced environment, requiring prioritizing and changing tasks frequently. Effective communication skills with internal hospital departments, customers, and other external resources.